Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Saturday, 13 Settembre:

We finally got to sleep in. We’ve been getting up every morning by 7:30am to get Felicia to school on time. Isabella has not been sleeping through the night very well, so I was happy to close all of the shutters and curtains – which in Italy makes the house pitch black, even in the middle of the day – and sleep until 10am! Then we decided it had been a week and we would clean the whole house. So, together we put everything away, then Lucio vacuumed while I cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, and swept. It took less than an hour, which is incredible – because our huge house at home takes days to clean (if we ever even get to it!) Made me really consider downsizing in Toledo!

The weather was awful – rained most of the day. So, we played at home and took it kind of easy. After lunch, it cleared up for a bit, so we went out to grab a few groceries for dinner. After dinner I painted Felicia’s finger and toe nails, which she was so excited about! She stayed still until they dried, and we went off to bed.

I really have to readjust to the grocery shopping every day thing. I really don’t like it. At home I do one HUGE shopping trip that takes a few hours, spend $150-200 and it lasts a couple of weeks. I might have to replenish milk or some item, but generally I don’t have to think about it for a while. Instead, here I feel like I’m always busy and constantly shopping – argh! It’s a miracle if I don’t hit the grocery store for at least something. My friend orders her whole shopping list online, and for 8 euros Essalunga delivers. They supposedly are a lot cheaper than these local supermarkets in centro, so maybe it would work out well. We do have a pretty big fridge and freezer, so it might be okay! And I wouldn’t have to haul it up the three flights of stairs either. That is part of the reason why we are always shopping – because we can only buy so much. Even if we fill up the stroller and carry armfuls of bags, its not much.

And why is it too, that everytime I walk up the 3 flights of stairs – and mind you these are 3 flights in a building with 14-foot ceilings, so it’s a lot of stairs – I’ll have to count them someday – anyway, why is it that every time we’re fine, and the last 6 steps kill us – we’re all struggling up those ultime scale – it’s bizarre! I was thinking it and Lucio said the same thing. Little Felicia is such a trooper, she doesn’t even complain!

No comments: