Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 6: September 11, 2008

Giorno 6: 9/11/08

I got to present my artwork today, 7 years after 911. It was chilling to me because I showed my piece, "Fuzzy Math", which has videos of the planes hitting the twin towers. May we always remember the people we lost that day and their families that live on.

Now back to the day's events. I stayed home today to prepare my Visiting Artist lecture for SACI. Felicia went to school, and came back with a new friend, whose Mamma is from Minnesota. She wanted to have a play date, but not today. I updated my powerpoint with new artwork and added the last page with information on How to Vote by Absentee Ballot for the students. I hope everyone registers to vote, it is too important this year!

I finally saw my BGSU student, James, in person! He came over before the presentation and recorded it for us. I was really disappointed by the small number of people in attendance at my lecture, but unfortunately the timing was really bad (too early in the semester) Most of the students hadn't even looked at their Calendar of Events yet, since classes just started on Monday. Oh well, it was still great to present my artwork!

After the presentation, we got to delicious pizzas and went home to eat them. YUMMY! I love the dough that they make here, it is SO good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute photo!