Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 19: 9/24/08 Wednesday

This morning started off with, no wait, I’ll let you guess – laundry: darks again. I straightened up a bit, sent Felicia and Lucio in their way, then I got busy working on video project stuff. I had to start preparing the course schedule so we can put events in and schedule who will shoot what. I got to school after lunch and signed up for “Corri la Vita”, the Italian equivalent of “Race for the Cure”, which will happen this Sunday. The whole Famularo family will go and support Breast Cancer research. Then I went up into the library, which has become my sort of quiet office space in the main building, and worked on the schedule. I had to get copies of all of the syllabi, so Lou, the awesome librarian helped me out with that. Then at 5pm I met with the Art History TA, Michelle, and we went through all of the Renaissance courses to try to find the connections between field trips and classroom lecture. I finished the meeting with a lot of info that I need to organize and put in a spread sheet! While I was there I checked email and saw that my friend, Sandra, was online. We did a quick chat, and she told me about the appalling “foreign relations” day with Palin – that they wouldn’t let the reporters in to see her meet with foreign leaders at the UN for her first time, and only finally did when CNN threatened to pull all coverage of the event. She sent me some links, which I couldn’t believe! I don’t think Americans realize that she is – and as a result, WE are - the laughing stock of the rest of the world – just chalk it up with another international shame.

As I was walking home, it occurred to me that I hadn’t been in a car since the taxi on September 6! So weird, can you even imagine walking or riding the bus everywhere? So bizarre.

Here are some photos of Isabella playing... she climbed in this basket and was frustrated that she couldn't get the toy through the mesh! So cute!

No comments: