Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Monday, 15 Settembre

Today we both went to drop of Felicia at Scuola Materna. She really enjoys it! I finally got a photo of the Madonna Santissima Addolorata! Do you think it’s kind of scary for kids? I was a bit scared.

When I got home I did some more laundry (I can only do one load every day because I have to hang it out to dry and have just one rack which fills up with one large load. Thus, I feel like I am always doing laundry!) Around 11:30 I walked over to the SACI Graduate Center on Via di Ginori where I met the Post-bac students and set up a little studio for myself. I chose a storage space, about 15 x 15 feet, with no windows in case I want to project some video. Lorenzo and some students helped me move a bunch of stretchers and clean up the space a bit. I put together a desk from a wooden board and two horses, have a couple shelves and a storage cabinet. I have to get a plastic table cloth to cover the board, and if I want to project, I’ll need to paint the wall, but I think it will be a good work space away from the house. Right now I can’t imagine working because I am so overwhelmed with just trying to get things organized and run the household, but I’m sure things will calm down as we adjust, and when Felicia starts school full-time next week.

Then I came home, had lunch, then we went to the Mercato Centrale for the first time with Felicia. She was really interested in going upstairs to the fruit area. We bought some sausage, cheese, zucchini, grapes and bread. It was fun having the girls there! All the vendors kept coming out of their stores to see Isabella, they all love her here!

In the afternoon I finally got my first little nap! I need a siesta. Lucio seems to get them everyday, which really makes me mad. I haven’t been sleeping very well. After my nap, I saw an incredible sunset over the Duomo that I could see from my terrace. It was so gorgeous. Then later there was a full moon that was pretty spectacular too! It was quite gorgeous!


No comments: