ELECTION DAY!
Rainy and miserable. I hope this doesn’t mean that the sun is gone for good! Today I had our first video meeting since the break. It was a bit sluggish, and I was disappointed that a few key events weren’t documented, but overall the project is going well. I’m looking forward to next week when we see the best shots from each student so far. I still need to log all of my shoots, so this week will be very busy for me!
Rainy and miserable. I hope this doesn’t mean that the sun is gone for good! Today I had our first video meeting since the break. It was a bit sluggish, and I was disappointed that a few key events weren’t documented, but overall the project is going well. I’m looking forward to next week when we see the best shots from each student so far. I still need to log all of my shoots, so this week will be very busy for me!
It is weird being 6 hours ahead, because I’m so anxious about the election, but I had to wait because voting didn’t even start until 2pm my time. I came home, ate lunch, and finished vacuuming our bedroom so that all of the floors are now clean. With Isabella crawling everywhere – and no K9 vacuum, we have to make sure everything is really clean. I threw some more clothes in the washing machine too. It is so bizarre! I also got all of our Lipari expenses into the spreadsheet, so that we would know where we’re at financially – not too bad, thankfully!
Luckily, Italy – as does the rest of the world – has a real interest in the US election, so starting at 11:25pm, they will have continuous coverage of the election until someone wins. It is really incredible. I don’t think that most Americans realize how important this election is, not only for US, but for the rest of the world too. Our country is so important internationally – it was incredible to watch the European banks tank after the disaster in the US – chain reaction! And, so naturally, everyone is interested! Can you imagine CNN having live, constant coverage of any other country’s election? Never will happen, but here in Europe, people have a different understanding of how everything in the world is connected. They know that which candidate is elected president will have a dramatic impact – a real impact – on their country and their lives. There have been a ton of talk shows and news coverage on all of the US events. Just today I was reading a newspaper where they were covering everything. They are having parties and such throughout Florence too – for the American students, I’m sure! In Rome, they have an Obama headquarters as well! I wish there was one here in Florence!
It’s 12:45am, I don’t think anything will happen for a while, maybe 8am, so I’m setting my alarm for 5am and will start watching then! FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Luckily, Italy – as does the rest of the world – has a real interest in the US election, so starting at 11:25pm, they will have continuous coverage of the election until someone wins. It is really incredible. I don’t think that most Americans realize how important this election is, not only for US, but for the rest of the world too. Our country is so important internationally – it was incredible to watch the European banks tank after the disaster in the US – chain reaction! And, so naturally, everyone is interested! Can you imagine CNN having live, constant coverage of any other country’s election? Never will happen, but here in Europe, people have a different understanding of how everything in the world is connected. They know that which candidate is elected president will have a dramatic impact – a real impact – on their country and their lives. There have been a ton of talk shows and news coverage on all of the US events. Just today I was reading a newspaper where they were covering everything. They are having parties and such throughout Florence too – for the American students, I’m sure! In Rome, they have an Obama headquarters as well! I wish there was one here in Florence!
It’s 12:45am, I don’t think anything will happen for a while, maybe 8am, so I’m setting my alarm for 5am and will start watching then! FINGERS CROSSED!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment