Back into the swing of things…
Woke up to good weather this morning ;) It was a bit hectic getting Felicia ready for school. Needless to say she was a bit tired, but very excited – which can be a difficult combination! But we got her all ready and out the door, just a little bit late. Lucio said she was SO excited to be back at scuola maternal again. She came in, gave the suora and Paola big hugs, said Ciao to her friends and started playing right away.
Lucio and I spent the day getting the house cleaned up. I put in laundry immediately, and wanted to get things thoroughly dusted, vacuumed and mopped. I dusted and vacuumed, then Lucio mopped the terra cotta floors. I also cleaned up the kitchen thoroughly and the bathroom mirrors, etc. This took most of the afternoon, and we didn’t get everything done. Our bedroom still needs to be vacuumed. I guess tomorrow. It felt good to get everything cleaned up. I’d still like to wash the windows, though, hopefully by next week.
Felicia came home with this bizarre mystery gift. Some man thought she was cute in the store so bought her this mystery bag. It was a nice gesture, but BIZARRE. First off, it was for a boy, so it had these “albums” (which are basically sticker books) with 1999 Guinness Book of World Records, WWF Wrestlers, the Power Rangers, and a Dog book. Oh, and there was some toy, but it was smashed plastic, so we had to throw it out. And there is also some stick game and a Pinocchio book with the stickers missing. The entire thing was strange and random, and they were SO OLD that some of them only had the price in Lire instead of Euro, which means at least 7 years old! But, again, it was such a nice gesture that someone thought she was cute and bought her a gift for no reason, but man, it was really hard for us to pretend it was such a cool gift, as we had to, when she opened it. She does really love finding the numbers and matching the stickers in the Dog Album, and I am AMAZED at how well she puts them in straight in the lines where they go. I know she is going to be a perfectionist like me, argh, poor child!
Woke up to good weather this morning ;) It was a bit hectic getting Felicia ready for school. Needless to say she was a bit tired, but very excited – which can be a difficult combination! But we got her all ready and out the door, just a little bit late. Lucio said she was SO excited to be back at scuola maternal again. She came in, gave the suora and Paola big hugs, said Ciao to her friends and started playing right away.
Lucio and I spent the day getting the house cleaned up. I put in laundry immediately, and wanted to get things thoroughly dusted, vacuumed and mopped. I dusted and vacuumed, then Lucio mopped the terra cotta floors. I also cleaned up the kitchen thoroughly and the bathroom mirrors, etc. This took most of the afternoon, and we didn’t get everything done. Our bedroom still needs to be vacuumed. I guess tomorrow. It felt good to get everything cleaned up. I’d still like to wash the windows, though, hopefully by next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment